9 Best Multivitamin For Men Over 50
Are you looking for the best multivitamin for men over 50? At this age, when the body is no longer able to synthesize the necessary vitamins fully, it is critical to supplement these micronutrients for the body. Multivitamins are the best choice to help fill vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Let’s learn more about this topic with Liftyolife (liftyolife.com).
1. Do men over 50 need a multivitamin?
Vitamins and nutrients are essential for all humans, especially those over 50. Because the body is gradually aging at this age, the functional organs in the body become stagnant, and the absorption and metabolism mechanisms of vitamins are poor, vitamins must be supplemented to maintain and improve health.
Men often become less active at this age, whether due to a change in lifestyle or health issues that arise over time. As a result, vitamins for men over 50 are specially formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of more mature men. The best vitamins for men over 50 contain all of the essential vitamins and minerals required to provide daily nutritional support and to bridge nutrient gaps that may exist in your diet alone.
Here are some specific reasons why men over 50 should take a multivitamin:
- Chronic disease associated with old age: Conditions like osteoporosis may increase a person’s need for nutrients.
- Lower mobility: If a person has a disability or a chronic illness, they may not cook, making it more challenging to obtain adequate nutrition.
- Dietary restrictions: A person with dietary restrictions may not obtain all of the essential nutrients from food.
- Reduced absorption: Vitamin B12 absorption is particularly poor at this age.
- Physical activity: If a man over the age of 50 is physically active, he may require additional vitamins and minerals to fill this gap.
- Medication: Some medications can deplete vitamin levels in the body.
2. What should men look for in a multivitamin?
2.1. B vitamins
A lack of B vitamins, particularly B12, B6, and B9 (folate, folic acid), is linked to an increase in homocysteine levels in the elderly, which leads to an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. As a result, multivitamin B is the best option for ensuring adequate micronutrients for the body.
The vitamin B12 daily recommended intake (which aids in producing red blood cells) is 2.4 mcg. It is 1.3–1.7 mg per day for vitamin B6 (essential for metabolism). You should also aim for 400 mcg of folate per day (an important component of DNA formation and repair) (Ward, 2014).
2.2. Vitamin D
Because of a vitamin D deficiency, your bones become brittle, weak, and easily broken as you age, especially your hip fractures. Diet is a significant factor, but the skin also loses its ability to synthesize vitamin D from sunlight when you are aging.
If you’re deficient, supplement your multivitamin containing at least 600–800 IU of vitamin D2 or D3. If you are at high risk of bone loss or fractures, 1000 IU of vitamin D and 1200 mg of calcium are recommended (Kaur, 2019).
2.3. Coenzyme Q10
Many people are unfamiliar with the name of this micronutrient, but it is present in a significant amount in everyday foods. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that may aid in the prevention of obesity and inflammation (1). However, as you get older, your body cannot convert this coenzyme, making you more prone to aging. As a result, CoQ10 supplements are necessary once you reach the age of 50.
Aging is inevitable as you get older, whether you’re a man or a woman. Antioxidants become a deficiency as we age because they cannot be converted from food. The primary use is to aid in the defense against free radicals. Some vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, E, selenium, and zinc, are antioxidants.
3. How to choose multivitamins?
Multivitamins are a food supplement rather than a cure, making them more appealing than specific treatment drugs. Most multivitamins do not require a doctor’s prescription, but you should always consult your doctor first. He has a better understanding of your health and will advise you on whether or not you should take a multivitamin supplement. Remember that a moderate amount of multivitamins is beneficial, but too much can be harmful and even cause side effects. As a result, stick to your doctor’s daily intake amount as prescribed.
Before buying multivitamins, you should consider the following factors:
- Vitamin and mineral content: Not all multivitamins contain the same mix or amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Cost: Some multivitamins are more cost-intensive than others, and not all products contain the same number of supplements. Carefully examine the packaging to ensure the best value for money.
- Multivitamin form: Some multivitamins are available in capsule, tablet, or chewable gummy form. People may want to consider purchasing an easier-to-swallow multivitamin.
- Eco-friendly materials are 100% recycled bottles or biodegradable packaging.
- Services: You can subscribe to provide a subscription service, such as delivering a monthly supply of multivitamins to your home.
4. 9 multivitamins for men over 50
4.1. Amazon elements men’s one daily multivitamin
- Producer: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility in the United States.
- Ingredients: Contains 21 vitamins and minerals and a botanical blend formulated for men (62% of ingredients cultured from whole foods), including vitamin D, B12, and antioxidants such as vitamin A, C, E, zinc, and selenium.
- Packaged: 65 tablets, a 2-month supply.
- Uses: It aids in the preservation of good health.
4.2. Care/of men’s care pack
- Producer: Made in the USA or Imported.
- Ingredients: Contains probiotic blend, multivitamin, astaxanthin, and fish oil. Moreover, the vitamins and minerals in the package are all gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Packaged: 60 tablets, a 30-day supply.
- Help men fill dietary gaps in requiring essential vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamins D3 and K2 are important for men’s health.
- Sugar-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, and free of extraneous additives.
4.3. Centrum multivitamin for men
- Producer: Centrum company.
- Ingredients: Men’s multivitamin contains Vitamins C, E, Beta-Carotene, and Zinc to support immunity, B Vitamins to keep energy levels and metabolism, and Vitamins B6 and D to support healthy muscle function.
- Packaged: 250 tablets.
- This multivitamin helps to support daily energy levels, normal immune function, macronutrient metabolism in the body, and healthy muscle.
- Furthermore, it contains the highest levels of vitamin D3, a type of vitamin D, to support healthy bones.
4.4. Garden of life multivitamin for men
- Producer: Garden of Life company.
- Ingredients: A whole-food multi-nutrient supplement is designed specifically for the needs of active men. There are over 20 fruits, and vegetables included. It’s loaded with live probiotics, enzymes, vitamin E, selenium, and zinc. Moreover, all ingredients are Non-GMO.
- Packaged: Capsule (120 counts or 240 counts).
- Live probiotics and enzymes for exceptional health and vitality.
- Comprehensive vitamin for prostate health, heart health, mental and physical energy, digestive support, stress management, and eye health.
4.5. Nature made men’s multi
Nature Made Men’s Multi is an excellent choice for the best nutritious addition to men over 50. This is because it contains so many essential nutrients (25 valuable ingredients), far more than other types. Let’s take a closer look at all the top-rated multivitamins.
- Producer: Nature Made.
- Ingredients: Contain 25 key vitamins and minerals necessary for good health:
- Zinc and folate,
- F- Fat-soluble vitamins A, D3, E, and K, as well as water-soluble vitamins C, B12, and B6,
- Manganese and magnesium,
- Pantothenic acid,
- Packaged: 90-count bottle.
- Vitamin A promotes a healthy immune system,
- Adheres to tight manufacturing guidelines.
- Vitamin D for teeth, bones, muscles, and immune system,
- Vitamins C and E eliminate free radicals.
4.6. New chapter men’s advanced multi
- Producer: New Chapter.
- Ingredients: 23 vitamins and minerals are expertly blended with superfood botanicals, including ginger, organic turmeric, saw palmetto, Astaxanthin, Elderberry, Reishi, including vitamin D3, vitamin C, vitamin A, and Zinc, B vitamins.
- Packaged: 120 tablets.
- Complete Men’s Multivitamin for well-rounded nutrition, supporting stress relief, bone, heart, and immune support, and B vitamins for energy (including Biotin).
- It contains many ingredients to increase absorption.
4.7. Persona men’s essentials + stress support
- Producer: Persona.
- Ingredients: This multivitamin supplement contains a variety of essential minerals and vitamins. Spirulina, ashwagandha, a daily probiotic, and omega-3 are also included in this pack.
- Packaged: 28 day supply of daily vitamin packs.
- Uses: Daily stress can cause an inflammatory response in the body, and this supplement collection includes everything you need to fill nutrient gaps while also supporting your body’s stress response:
- Fills nutrient gaps,
- Encourages a healthy inflammatory response,
- Cognitive function may be improved.
4.8. Ritual essential for men 50+
- Producer: Ritual.
- Ingredients: This multivitamin capsule contains the following essential vitamins and minerals: omega-3 DHA, vitamin a, vitamin d, magnesium, zinc, vitamin k2, folate, vitamin b12, vitamin e, and boron.
- Packaged: Capsule; take two capsules per day.
- Cardiovascular health
Omega-3 DHA from microalgae and pure, non-soy vitamin K2 are beneficial to heart health.
- Bone health
Calcium-assist micronutrients vitamins D3, K2, magnesium, and boron contribute to bone health.
- Normal muscle function
Lichen-derived vitamin D3 and chelated magnesium support normal muscle function.
- Normal immune function
Chelated zinc, vitamin A, and vitamin D3 aid in maintaining normal immune function.
4.9. SmartyPants men’s formula daily gummy multivitamin
- Producer: SmartyPants.
- Ingredients: 17 essential nutrients: vitamin D3, vitamin B12, omega-3 EPA & DHA (from fish oil), CoQ10, vitamin K, and vitamin E.
- Packaged: 180 gummies.
- Keeping the visual system, cognition, and heart health in good working order.
- CoQ10 supplementation helps to support heart health.
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) aids in the production of energy.
- Vitamin D3 is a type of vitamin D that aids in the proper functioning of the body’s immune system.
- Lycopene contributes to prostate health.
Each multivitamin contains one or more essential vitamins and minerals for the body, and no single multivitamin can supply all of the nutrients the body requires. So, to get the most nutrients, consider alternating multivitamins. Liftyolife (liftyolife.com) hopes each multivitamin for men over 50 aforementioned will be your first consideration when choosing one for you.
==> Read More: