10+ Best Multivitamin For Women Over 60
The best multivitamin for women over 60 contains everything you need to keep your health in good condition. Do not neglect your body as it ages; instead, provide the essential micronutrients to support the body’s function optimally. Here are more than ten multivitamins for you to consider. Read the information provided by Liftyolife (liftyolife.com) carefully before selecting a multivitamin for yourself.
1. What to look for in a multivitamin?
- Verification of the USP: The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, an independent, non-profit organization, determines whether dietary supplements are pure and contain the ingredients listed on their labels.
- Nutrient form: The nutrient form is a huge indicator of quality. Often, supplement companies use the least expensive form of nutrients, which are not bioavailable to your body.
- Ingredients with appropriate daily values: Choose a multivitamin that includes 100% of the daily value for most of its ingredients. However, keep in mind that exceeding 100% of the daily value of specific nutrients is not beneficial. Some nutrients, such as vitamins A, D, E, and K, can accumulate in the body and become toxic.
- Third-party testing: Look for the cGMP (good manufacturing practices) facility stamp, which indicates that a third party has tested it. This ensures that the supplement contains what it says on the bottle.
- The appropriate balance for your age and gender: Gender and age-related nutrient requirements differ. A dietitian or your doctor can assist you in determining how much of each nutrient you require based on your age and gender.
- Ingredients to avoid and which are safe: Multivitamins frequently contain fillers and other additives, making them difficult to absorb. It’s just as important to read the ingredient list on your food as it is for your supplements.
- Necessary micronutrients: Micronutrients are required by your body to keep your systems running smoothly. A good multivitamin will contain, in addition to well-known nutrients such as vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium, the following:
- B6, B12, and folate,
- Thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin,
- Vitamin D2 or D3,
- Calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc,
- Vitamins A (including beta carotene), E, and K.
2. The most important nutrients for your multivitamin
Check to see if the multivitamin you choose contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamin B12: Many people over the age of 50 do not get enough vitamin B12. It plays an essential role in forming blood cells, bone health, cellular metabolism, and nerve function. B12 deficiency can result in forgetfulness, tingling in the hands and feet, instability, and weakness.
- Vitamin D3: It aids in the prevention of disease, the enhancement of immunity, and the strengthening of bones.
- Calcium: This mineral aids in the prevention of bone brittleness. It’s essential to take alongside vitamin D. As you get older, your bone mass decreases, and the rate of regenerated or remodeled bones slows down, leading to osteoporosis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These are essential for brain health and cognition.
- Vitamin B6: Many people are deficient in this vitamin, which aids in the formation of red blood cells.
- Magnesium: The mineral magnesium is also important for bone health. According to the Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS), the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for people over 51 is 420 milligrams.
- Probiotics: If you’re having digestive issues, probiotics can help. They may also be beneficial to your overall immune system.
3. 10+ best multivitamin for women over 60
3.1. Ancient nutrition multi women’s 40+
Ancient Nutrition Multi Women’s 40+ is the best vitamin D source for women over 60. As you know, vitamin D is associated with forming and maintaining healthy bones. It also aids in anti-inflammation, immune support, muscle function, antioxidants, brain cells, and providing your body with nutrients. So, older people require a sufficient amount of vitamin D in their diet to maintain bone health and prevent injury to their bones or muscles when they fall.
- Ingredients: This product contains 20 vitamins and minerals that have been specially formulated for women over the age of 40. Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, calcium, iron, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, and chromium are among them.
- This whole-food dietary supplement contains high vitamin D levels, promoting bone and immune system health.
- This vitamin contains active B vitamins and 200% of the RDA for vitamin D. It is safe to take with or without food.
- For their products, Ancient Nutrition only uses the highest-quality ingredients to support your overall health and immune system health.
- Moreover, binders, fillers, artificial colors, sweeteners, or additives are not used.
3.2. Bayer one a day women’s 50+
- Ingredients: Calcium carbonate, ascorbic acid, magnesium oxide, microcrystalline cellulose, zinc oxide, croscarmellose sodium; less than 2% artificial flavors, beta-carotene, chromium chloride, biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, etc.
- This multivitamin provides a wide range of essential nutrients in an easy-to-take daily tablet.
- It supports bone health, heart health, eye health, joint health, immune health, and physical energy by converting food to fuel.
- B vitamins support healthy brain function.
- Women over 50 should take one tablet with food each day.
- It contains no gluten, soy, wheat, dairy, or artificial sweeteners.
3.3. Equate complete multivitamin tablets, adults 50+
- Ingredients: Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K, riboflavin, niacin, lutein, lycopene, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid, microcrystalline cellulose. It also contains 2% or less ascorbyl palmitate, beta-carotene, biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, folic acid, gelatin, glucose, etc.
- A vitamin and mineral combination, explicitly designed for adults 50 and older, promotes overall health and comprehensive nutritional support.
- These tablets provide essential nutrients to help protect your heart, eyes, and bones.
- They also have vitamins C and E and riboflavin and niacin, which promote healthy body structure, and B vitamins and zinc, which support normal brain function throughout life.
- This heart-healthy supplement is uniquely balanced for mature adults, with antioxidants to support immune system function and B vitamins to maintain energy levels.
- There is no gluten, iron, lactose, or artificial flavors in these tablets.
3.4. Garden of Life
- Ingredients: This product is made from nutritious and RAW, whole foods. It contains whole food vitamins and minerals, a fruit and veggie blend, live probiotics and enzymes for exceptional health and vitality.
- This multivitamin includes an antioxidant and immune support complex.
- A synergistic blend of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, D, E, and K1, and B vitamins, folate, biotin, and zinc, promotes breast and thyroid health, bone strength, and a healthy heart and blood pressure.
- It also has Non-GMO Project Verified and gluten-free Certified whole food multivitamins with no binders or fillers.
3.5. MegaFood for women 55+
- Ingredients: Vitamin A, C, D3, E, K, thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, cellulose, silica, stearic acid.
- It helps maintain optimal health—a nourishing blend of vitamins and minerals tailored to your specific requirements.
- Made with B vitamins to support cellular energy, 40 mcg of vitamin D to support bone health, and beta carotene, vitamins C and E to support immune health.
- It is a single pill that can be taken any day. With this multivitamin, you’ll get 200% of your DV of vitamin D3.
- Easy on the stomach.
- GMO-free; dairy-free; soy-free; tested for 125+ herbicides and pesticides; certified B Corp; certified Glyphosate Residue Free; certified Kosher.
3.6. Royal Jelly for hormone balance
- Ingredients: This is an excellent source of vitamin B5. It also contains potent antioxidants.
- Do not ignore the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of Royal Jelly. Vitamin B5 aids in the treatment of fatigue and insomnia and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair, and digestion.
- Royal jelly has estrogenic properties and stimulates collagen production in the skin.
- Many women report that taking Royal Jelly boosts their energy and improves their complexion, nail strength, and hair shine.
3.7. Sea Buckthorn oil to overcome dryness
- Ingredients: Sea buckthorn berry oil, sea buckthorn seed oil, other ingredients: kosher gelatin (softgel).
- The best source of omega-7 is sea buckthorn berry oil. It has the highest omega-7 in nature, which moisturizes and reduces dryness in the hair and skin. This omega-7 source is the most nutritious, vegan, and sustainable.
- Sea buckthorn oil improves the lubricating properties of tears. The oral supplements help alleviate dryness, redness, and burning in the eyes. Its primary application is to treat intimate female dryness, a common problem after menopause.
- Support skin, immunity, cardiovascular, digestive, and liver health, and a healthy inflammatory response and dry cell conditions.
- Sea buckthorn oil also improves arterial wall flexibility and helps with cholesterol balance.
3.8. SmartyPants masters 50+ multivitamin
- Ingredients: A multivitamin gummy supplement contains 17 essential high-quality nutrients beta carotene, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin D3, vitamin K2, choline, omega-3 EPA/DHA (from fish oil), Lutein/Zeaxanthin, CoQ10.
- It is safe to take with or without food.
- Non-GMO. Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, soy, gluten, and wheat are not present. There are no artificial colors and sweeteners/flavors.
- Omega-3 EPA/DHA (from fish oil), Lutein/Zeaxanthin for eye health, vitamin K for bones, CoQ10 for heart health, vitamin D3 for immunity, and vitamin B12 for energy metabolism.
3.9. Thorne research women’s multi 50+ comprehensive daily multi-vitamin
- Ingredients: Vitamin A, C, D, E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, choline, calcium, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, boron, lutein, etc.
- Binders, disintegrants, coatings, fillers, or lubricants that are unnecessary and may impair absorption are not present.
- Designed with easily absorbable nutrients and formulated for people at low risk of iron deficiency, such as men and postmenopausal women.
- It contains optimal amounts of two key minerals, calcium and magnesium, in chelate form, highly absorbable.
- Zinc bis-glycinate, a highly absorbable form of zinc, benefits immune function and skin health.
- Vitamin D helps to maintain strong bones and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin A is beneficial to eye health, skin health, and immune function.
3.10. Turmeric for anti-Inflammatory benefits
- Ingredients: Organic turmeric blend, organic fermented ginger root, organic fermented turmeric root, organic black pepper fruit extract, probiotic blend, and other ingredients.
- Turmeric spice alleviates many of the minor aches and pains associated with aging and supports liver function and immunity.
- Curcumin, an antioxidant that stimulates liver metabolism and bile production to lower cholesterol levels and improves digestion, is its active ingredient. Turmeric also inhibits the production of inflammatory chemicals, which helps to alleviate muscle and joint pain.
- It has probiotics and black pepper for better digestion.
- This supplement promotes joint health and mobility with 500mg of curcumin from organic turmeric.
- Organic and non-GMO tablet materials, no soy or corn-derived ingredients or chemicals.
3.11. Ubiquinol for energy
- Ingredients: Main ingredients: Vitamin C, Ubiquinol. Other ingredients: medium-chain triglycerides, gelatin, glycerin, polysorbate 80, sorbitol, purified water, annatto suspension in sunflower oil.
- Ubiquinol is a type of coenzyme Q10, a vitamin-like substance required in cells, particularly heart muscle cells, to process oxygen and generate energy.
- With better absorption than regular CoQ10, Qunol 100mg Ubiquinol capsules can help you reach optimal levels of Coenzyme Q10 sooner, allowing you to reap the benefits sooner.
- CoQ10 is also beneficial to egg and sperm health and may support fertility.
3.12. Vitamin D3 for immunity and mood
- Ingredients: Cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, dicalcium phosphate, silica hypromellose, vegetable stearic acid, vegetable glycerin.
- Maintaining normal Vitamin D levels as many nutritionists and health professionals recommend for remaining healthy bone metabolism.
- This vegan, vegetarian, and animal-free vitamin D supplement guarantees purity, freshness, and labeled potency.
- It is essential for immunity and mood regulation.
3.13. Vitamin K2 helps protect your arteries
- Ingredients: Vitamin K2 100 mcg 83%.
- It has vitamin K-2, a biologically active form of vitamin K, which is essential for forming a healthy, strong bone matrix.
- This multivitamin also helps to maintain bone health and proper calcium metabolism. The ability of vitamin K to support a proper calcium metabolism in vascular structures is central to its role in arterial health.
- Halal Certificate, dairy-free, egg-free, Kosher, made in a peanut-free facility, made without gluten, non-GMO, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, vegan/vegetarian.
While the best multivitamin for women over 60 is generally safe if taken as directed, there are innumerable factors to consider, and some vitamins can be toxic if taken in excess. While supplements can benefit overall health, seniors should be aware that these pills are supplements, not miracle cures. Do not disregard Liftyolife (liftyolife.com) recommendations for selecting a suitable multivitamin for yourself. Always consult your doctor’s advice before taking any action.
==> Read More: