Liquid IV Vs Skratch: Which Is the Best Electrolyte In 2022?
Electrolytes are the key ingredient to keep your body healthy. While there are many hydration drinks on the market, it is quite hard to find the right one for you. In this post, Liftyolife will compare Liquid IV vs Skratch, including all ingredients, dosages and costs, and suggests a suitable product for you.
1.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV is a beverage brand that promises to help you restore hydration better through Cellular Transport Technology. This technology accelerates the absorption of water into the bloodstream. Here are some feature products of Liquid IV, as follows: Hydration Multiplier
- This drink assists in restoring energy and hydration.
- It aids in avoiding anxiety and stress.
- It prevents hangovers and their symptoms.
- This beverage has lactic acid bacteria.
- This beverage kills undesirable bacteria and yeast in the body.
- It is a fermented drink with beneficial bacteria.
- It has valerian root, melatonin, and L-theanine.
- Users need 8 oz water for one stick.
- This beverage comprises a fast-acting blend, which helps you fall asleep fast.
- It has Cellular Transport Technology for better absorption.
- It comprises ginger, matcha and guayusa.
- It is a non-GMO energy beverage.
Get 10% OFF your first order plus free shipping! Why not?
Skratch Lab concentrates on restoring the electrolytes to supply you with extra energy to increase your performance during workouts. This product also restores hydration and minerals you lose through sweating or intense workouts. Here are some of Skratch’s products, consisting of:
- Skratch Drink Recovery Mix: This product is created to help you refuel for the following day after an intense workout.
- Skratch Hydration: This product helps replace electrolytes that you lose when sweating.
- Skratch Superfuel Carbohydrate: This product is created for athletes who do not consume enough calories to perform well.
2. Liquid IV vs Skratch: Ingredients
2.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV has several options, and each packet has different ingredients depending on its flavors and purpose. Here are some main ingredients of Liquid IV you should know:
- Stevia leaf extract: This organic sweetener makes the beverage mix more palatable and has zero calories.
- Silicon dioxide: This substance makes the electrolyte drink smoother.
- Dipotassium phosphate: This water-soluble electrolyte has potassium.
- Citric acid: This substance is non-artificial and stabilizes the flavor. Liquid IV takes it from natural resources such as cassava roots and potatoes.
- Vitamin B12, B6, and B3: Vitamin B12 aids your body control red blood cells, vitamin B6 is beneficial for metabolism and the nervous system, and vitamin B3 is known for helping cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps increase the immune system and restore body tissue.
- Potassium citrate: This ingredient aids the Cellular Transport Technology system function and delivers hydration throughout the blood. It also helps bone health and muscle cramping.
- Sodium citrate: This ingredient is within the citric acid.
- Mined salt: This salt is another critical factor of Cellular Transport Technology. It is added to the natural sugars in Liquid IV and helps the absorption of fluids.
- Dextrose: This natural sugar is easily absorbed and aids in restoring hydration.
- Pure cane sugar: This non-GMO sugar source can speed up water absorption into the bloodstream while making it tasty.
- Natural flavors: These ingredients are extracted from natural sources such as fruits and vegetables, which increase the flavor of Liquid IV Hydration bundles.
Skratch Lab has three different beverage mixes: Hydration, Superfuel and Recovery.
- Superfuel: It contains many carbohydrates and sodium with little sugar.
- Hydration: This product has many sodiums, magnesium and sugar.
- Recovery: This product contains calcium, protein and sugars with iron, sodium, saturated fats and carbohydrates.
3. Skratch Vs Liquid IV: The Pros And Cons
3.1. Liquid IV
The pros of Liquid IV
- This beverage supplies five necessary vitamins and three times the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks.
- It offers free shipping for any packet.
- This product can hydrate your body.
- It helps reduce headaches and improve sleep.
- This product is non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
The cons of Liquid IV
- It has stevia leaf extract, which can lead to digestive discomfort.
- Liquid IV only provides free delivery in the USA.
The pros of Skratch
- This product is easy on the stomach.
- It is gluten-free and non-GMO.
- This product has good flavors.
- It enhances probiotics to help protein absorption and users with lactose or dairy intolerances.
The cons of Skratch
- It is pretty expensive for one portion.
- It contains relatively low protein.
4. Liquid IV vs Skratch: Recommended Dosage
4.1. Liquid IV
You mix one stick of Liquid IV with 16 oz of water. Liquid IV is safe for children and adults and is dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. If you or your children have a history of cardiovascular issues, diabetes and kidney, you should limit your serving or steer clear from taking Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier. If you have high blood pressure, this product may not be recommended for use. You should talk to your doctor in advance if you want to use Liquid IV products.
The right amount depends not only on the conditions (humidity and temperature), intensity (how far, how long, and how hard), and length but also on the users. One to two 500ml servings for one hour is a good starting point; afterwards, you experiment to see what works best for you. One method to check if you are taking enough is to weigh yourself before and after a workout. If you lose more than 3% of your total body weight, your performance may suffer, and you need to use it more.
5. Liquid IV vs Skratch: The Price
5.1. Liquid IV
Here are the prices of Liquid IV products, as follows:
- Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier: $24.47 ($1.53 /stick)
- Liquid IV Energy Multiplier: $24.99 ($1.78 /stick)
- Liquid IV Probiotic Kombucha: $23.99 ($2.40 /stick)
- Liquid IV Sleep Multiplier: $23.99 ($2.40 /stick)
Get 10% OFF your first order plus free shipping! Why not?
Here are the prices of Skratch products, including:
- Skratch Lab Hydration Mix: $21.95.
- Skratch Lab Superfuel Carbohydrate: $41.95.
- Skratch Recovery Drink Mix: $33.95 or $36.95.
Both Liquid IV and Skratch are electrolyte drinks that aid consumers restore energy and hydration after sweating or an intense workout. If we choose the best drink mix between two products, Liquid IV is a winner. Liquid IV provides more beneficial nutrients, vitamins and minerals than Skratch. Moreover, this product offers the best prices, allowing you to try Liquid IV for the first time.
To sum up, depending on your needs and lifestyle, you can choose Liquid IV or Skratch. However, we suggest Liquid IV is the better option because of its more beneficial ingredients and costs. Liftyolife hopes this article has been helpful in letting you know about “Liquid IV vs Skratch: Which is the best electrolyte in 2022?” before making a purchase.