Liquid IV vs LMNT: Which Electrolyte Drink Mix Is Better?
If you are looking for the best and most effective rehydration drink, you can consider Liquid IV and LMNT. In this post, Liftyolife (liftyolife.com) will share information about the Liquid IV vs LMNT comparison, consisting of all ingredients, taste options, and prices, which help you make a suitable decision.
1. Overview of Liquid IV & LMNT
1.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV is a line of electrolyte powders created to be added to water to increase hydration and tackle specific health concerns, like energy and sleep.
Liquid IV was founded by CEO Brandin Cohen, a former athlete who knew how unhealthy hydration beverages could be. Compared to other hydration drinks or products, the differentiator of Liquid IV is CTT (Cellular Transport Technology). This delivery system of water and nutrients is created to increase the absorption into the bloodstream by changing the osmolarity of water; therefore, it moves quickly into the blood.
Liquid IV has various products, such as hydration, immunity, sleep, and energy. Each bundle includes Cellular Transport Technology with the addition of ingredients to increase the supplement for the specific health benefit.
LMNT (Licensed Medical Nutrition Therapy) is a powdered electrolyte mix created to supply your body with electrolytes without adding unhealthy ingredients. It delivers the proper amounts of potassium, magnesium, and sodium, which can assist in relieving symptoms related to dehydration.
This product is perfect for those on a keto or low carbohydrates diet as it does not contain any carbohydrates, which makes it go along with the popular dietary practices. It has a variety of flavors and can be mixed into smoothies or water, making you drink it easily.
2. Liquid IV vs LMNT: Nutrition Facts
2.1. Liquid IV
For one stick of Liquid IV, you are getting:
- 73 g of vitamin C.
- 500 mg Sodium.
- 11 g total sugar.
- 6.8 mcg vitamin B12.
- 22.8 mg Niacin.
- 11.4 mg Pantothenic Acid.
- 2.3 mg vitamin B6.
- 370 mg Potassium.
Get 10% OFF your first order plus free shipping! Why not?
Here are nutrition facts in one stick of LMNT, including:
- 200 mg Potassium.
- 1000 mg Sodium.
- 60 mg Magnesium.
3. Liquid IV Vs LMNT: The Pros And Cons
3.1. Liquid IV
The pros of Liquid IV
- It has many flavor options and customizable packets.
- It is convenient to use; you can mix this product with water.
- Each package has more crucial nutrients, vitamins, and electrolytes than other sports beverages.
- This product is perfect for intense workouts that dehydrate the body and deplete electrolytes.
The cons of Liquid IV
- The Liquid IV Energy Multiplier has approximately 100 mg of caffeine; therefore, if you have caffeine sensitives, this version may not suit you.
- The product is only delivered within the USA.
The pros of LMNT
- It has no gluten, sugar, or artificial ingredients.
- This electrolyte drink helps in activity and recovery in the nine flavor options.
- It has more the amount of salt than any supplement on the market. High salt consumption is proven to help you have better sleep, performance, and brain function.
- Subscribe or purchase a bundle to save money.
- It offers free USA shipping.
- It delivers worldwide.
- The refund process is easy.
The cons of LMNT
- This product may lead to intestinal upset.
- It is pretty salty and may not be suitable for every palate.
4. LMNT vs Liquid IV: The Ingredients
4.1. Liquid IV
The ingredients used in Liquid IV rely on the flavor you choose; however, here is a general breakdown you can refer to:
- Mined salt.
- Vitamin C: It helps tissue growth, immune system function, and repair and plays a role in collagen synthesis.
- Sodium citrate: This ingredient can bring a nice tartness.
- Silicon dioxide is an anti-caking agent used in some medications and food processing.
- Natural flavors are used in small amounts to increase the product’s taste.
- Stevia leaf extract: This natural sweetener is derived from plants.
- Citric acid.
- Dextrose: This sugar form supplies energy to maintain an active exercise or lifestyle.
- Vitamin B3, B5, B12, B6.
- Dipotassium phosphate.
- Potassium citrate: It provides a great source of potassium.
The ingredients will rely on the flavor option you choose. However, most flavors have familiar ingredients. Generally, each serving includes:
- Cocoa powder: It is on chocolate salt flavor.
- Salt (Sodium chloride).
- Magnesium malate.
- Natural flavors.
- Potassium chloride.
- Stevia Leaf Extract.
- Malic acid: It is on watermelon salt and mango chili flavors.
- Citric acid: It is on orange, raspberry, citrus, and lemon habanero flavors.
5. Liquid IV Vs LMNT: Taste & Flavor Options
5.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV contains ten delicious flavors, so you can choose the one that suits your taste.
- Golden cherry: This fruity and sweet flavor have you experiencing a rush of energy.
- Passion fruit: This flavor is inspired by the Hawaiian passion fruit; this tropical fruit flavor contains hints of berry and honey.
- Lemon lime: It brings a refreshing flavor with a slightly tart aftertaste. It is suitable for those who like lemonade’s classic taste but want to add some energy-enhancing nutrients to their beverage.
- Piña Colada: It combines pineapple with coconut water for a tropical treat.
- Concord grape: A tart but sweet flavor from the concord grape makes this a favorite among those who love the liquids on the bolder side.
- Watermelon: With the proper amount of sweetness and no artificial aftertaste, this flavor is a perfect pick for a long workout or any hot day.
- Strawberry: It is perfect for those who love strawberry-flavored but do not want too sweet or artificial tasting.
- Acai berry: It is tart but not too sour, with notes of honey and grapes that make it unique from other berry flavors on the market.
- Guava: It has notes of pineapple, guava, and hints of hibiscus with a slight citrus aftertaste.
The LMNT has eight flavors, so you can pick the one that tastes best to you:
- Mango chili: This flavor is spicy and tangy. The mango flavor assists you in cooling down the heat from the chili pepper.
- Watermelon salt: This flavor is perfect for adding electrolytes to your water and will maintain you feel hydrated when working out or on hot days.
- Orange salt: This flavor is used during warmer months when your energy has a tendency to flag by mid-afternoon.
- Citrus salt: This refreshing blend of sea salts and citrus fruits will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
- Chocolate salt: If you are a big fan of chocolate, this will become your favorite flavor!
- Lemon habanero tastes like lemonade with a spice note from cayenne pepper.
- Raspberry salt: This flavor is like drinking raspberry lemonade without sugar.
- Raw unflavored: This flavor might be right up your valley if you love drinking straight-up saltwater.
6. Liquid IV Vs LMNT: The Price
6.1. Liquid IV
Here are the prices of Liquid IV’s products from its website:
- Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier: $24.47 ($1.53 /stick)
- Liquid IV Sleep Multiplier: $23.99 ($2.40 /stick)
- Liquid IV Probiotic Kombucha: $23.99 ($2.40 /stick)
- Liquid IV Energy Multiplier: $24.99 ($1.78 /stick)
Get 10% OFF your first order plus free shipping! Why not?
Here are some prices of LMNT’s products, including:
- LMNT Mango Chilli: $45.
- LMNT Watermelon Salt: $45.
- LMNT Orange Salt: $45.
- LMNT Chocolate Salt: $45.
Liquid IV and LMNT are the favorite electrolyte drink on the market that helps replenish hydration quickly. Compared to LMNT, you should choose Liquid IV. This product provides more nutrients, minerals, and vitamins than LMNT; thus, you will feel hydrated and energized quickly. It also has four different products, such as Hydration, Energy, Sleep, and Probiotic Kombucha so you can pick the suitable one depending on your needs. One factor that customers often notice is price. Compared to LMNT, the price of Liquid IV is quite reasonable, which gives you a chance to enjoy this product.
In conclusion, we suggest you pick Liquid IV for the reasons above. Liftyolife (liftyolife.com) hopes this article has been helpful in letting you know about “Liquid IV vs LMNT: What’s the difference?” before you make the final decision.