How To Lose 15 Pounds In 2 Weeks?
How to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks? In this post, Liftyolife shares some methods that help healthily enhance weight loss.
1. Can You Lose 15 Pounds In 2 Weeks?
The answer is yes. It is possible to drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks; however, trying to do this is hugely discouraged by doctors and dietitians. In terms of the CDC, a healthy weight drop is a slow and gradual process related to dropping from 1 to 2 pounds per week. That means you must spend between two and four months losing 15 pounds.
2. The Consequences of Rapid Weight Loss
You don’t eat enough; therefore, you will have fewer bowel movements which usually turn into a harder stool that is often painful or difficult to release.
2.2. Hair Loss And Brittle Nails
Nails and hair are not essential organs. Therefore, when you fail to provide enough nutritious food for your body, whatever minor nutrients it absorbs and will use to maintain your portal organs, neglecting things such as nails and hair, gradually fall off and break.
2.3. Moodiness And Irritability
Maybe, you are being “hangry”.
2.4. Chronic Fatigue
If you don’t eat enough food to turn into energy, your body cannot maintain your necessary energy levels for the whole day.
3. How To Lose 15 Pounds In 2 Weeks?
Here is a list of 7 ways Liftyolife believes can help you drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks safely and quickly.
3.1. Prepare A Diet PlanInclude 2 to 3 daily servings of low-fat dairy
- To enhance weight loss, you should eat low-fat dairy items, from 2 to 3 servings, such as yogurt, milk and cheese.
- For instance, you could have eight fl oz (240ml) of 1% milk with a morning bowl of cereal, enjoy a half-cup (120g) of low-fat cottage cheese with your marinara sauce and pasta for dinner, eat a slice of low-fat cheese on a turkey sandwich at lunch.
Eliminate Unhealthy Carbs
- To keep in shape effectively, you must set a suitable plan for your current health.
- For instance, if you weigh 185lbs and generally absorb 400g of carbohydrates per day, you will try eating 300g a day for a week, 200g a day in the following week, and eventually less than 50g for five days.
Try intermittent fasting
- One of the easiest ways to intermittent fasting is skipping breakfast. If your previous meal was at 6 p.m, by waiting until noon the day after for your first meal, you would fast for 18 hours.
- In a study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2005, researchers proved that intermittent fasting boosted fat oxidation, which stimulated more fat loss.
- In the Journal of Physiology study in 2010, fasting and exercising boost your insulin sensitivity, which helps your body split nutrients between muscle and fat better.
3.2. Changes Your Lifestyles
Limit alcohol use
- Alcoholic beverages add empty calories and reduce your inhibitions; therefore, you are eating more than you typically would.
- If you are a man, you will limit yourself to 2 drinks per day or no more than one drink if you are a woman.
Drink more water
- Keeping yourself well-hydrated will help you to avoid confusing thirst with hunger, which may lead you to eat more when you are not literally hungry. Instead, you need to drink water the whole day, and any time you get sweaty to stay hydrated. In addition, you should bring a recyclable water bottle wherever you go and refill it if it remains fewer.
- If you don’t like the flavor of plain water, you can add a few berries and a slice of lemon or cucumber to flavor it without adding more calories.
3.3. Do HIIT Training
If you want to burn fat quickly, you need to increase another level of your cardio. The recent Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise study claimed that HIIT boosts VO2 max and burns fatter than aerobic training.
According to the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research study in 2013, researchers proved that four weeks of HIIT rowing burned considerably more calories than traditional rowing. Instead of spending many hours on the treadmill, you should concentrate on doing-fat torching circuits that target your whole body.
For instance, build a circuit with dumbbell/barbell rows, goblet squats, pushups and push presses, do each activity for 30 seconds, and have a break-time for more than 30 seconds before going to the next one.
3.4. Try Safe Supplements
Fat-burners are over-the-counter supplements that generally mix different types of herbs and stimulants to increase your temperature, which can help you burn more fat during exercise, at rest or reduce your appetite.
Common factors in fat-burners include caffeine, capsicum, Garcinia, Cambogia, green tea extract, and synephrine, which help burn more fat. Synephrine is an ingredient discovered in various citrus foods such as clementines and mandarin.
A recent study suggests that it is safe for the heart and might boost resting metabolic rate. Capsicum is a plant for its spicy fruits and seeds and is regularly used to reduce pain.
However, a Chemical Senses review in 2011 said that intentional absorption benefits weight loss. Garcinia cambogia and caffeine act as appetite suppressants, which maintain small portions and junk food cravings.
Fat-burners can improve the metabolism system, suppress hunger, provide you with more energy and boost your core temperature; therefore, you indirectly burn more fat. However, you need to be careful of the side effects of these substances and don’t combine them with other medications or stimulants.
3.5. Get Enough Rest
Sleeping enough can help you decide which foods you eat wisely and have the energy to follow your exercise routine. Therefore, you need to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning to keep to a regular schedule.
Here is a list of things you can do to improve your quality of sleep, including:
- Get away from caffeine in the evening and afternoon.
- Switch off electronic devices 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Keep your bedroom quiet, calm and dark.
- Only use your bedroom for sleeping, not eating, working or playing games in bed.
3.6. Relax to avoid stress eating
Overloaded by your life and your desire to drop weight quickly can create stress. Stress leads some people to overeat more than they typically would, and this can cause weight gain.
You should spend at least 15 minutes every day relaxing to relieve stress. Moreover, you can try using some relaxation methods, such as meditation, deep breathing, yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, etc.
How to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks? Losing weight is not easy and takes great effort and dedication. If you desire to drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks in a healthy manner, we recommend that you should change your lifestyle, do HIIT training, take ColonBroom, etc. With this knowledge above, Liftyolife hopes you enjoyed reading this post and found it helpful.